First Day of Jury Duty
Please read the following instructions before reporting.
- Bring your summons with you.
- Please plan to arrive at the Courthouse by the time stated on the jury information line. Court usually starts promptly at 9:00 am so you need to be here prior to that. You will need time to locate a parking place and to go through the security process. We recommend that you plan on being in the Courthouse by 8:30.
- Please enter the building through the Marion Street entrance so that you can pass through security. This is the only public entrance to the Putnam County Courthouse. Note: The only exception will be for those handicapped individuals needing the wheelchair ramp or handicapped parking on the Sumter Street side.
- By order of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department, items such as penknives, flashlights, scissors, sewing needles, and any type of weapon are strictly prohibited and are not to be brought into the building.
- Cellular phones and pagers are allowed; however, they must be turned off and not used in the courtrooms.
- Chewing gum, food and drinks are not allowed in the courtroom.
- Proper Dress is required. Shorts, Bermudas, jeans with holes, muscle shirts, halter-tops, and bare midriff clothing are not acceptable Court attire. Please show the proper respect for the Court and dress appropriately. A light sweater or jacket is recommended as the courtroom temperature can be quite cool.
Thank you for your public service. If you have questions, please view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section before contacting the Superior Court Clerk’s office at (706) 485-4501.
If you feel that you have one of the legal reasons to be excused, please complete the form enclosed with your summons (also linked below) and return to this office. If you would like to be deferred, please call and request that.