2019 State Court Calendar
Criminal (misdemeanors) and Traffic
Tel: (706) 485-4056
Fax: (706) 485-2875
You do not have to appear in court unless you wish to contest the citation, or if the offense requires a court appearance.
Paying Your Fines
No personal or business checks will be accepted.
We now accept Online Payments as well as Credit/Debit Cards in the office for your convenience. You may also send money orders, cashier or certified checks payable to:
State Court of Putnam County
100 South Jefferson Avenue, Suite 218
Eatonton, Georgia 31024
Most fines can be paid before your court date that is listed on your citation. Some of the charges and fine amounts are listed. Fines may change at the discretion of the Judge.To insure proper credit, please write legibly, include yellow copy of the citation, and make sure that your citation number is included on all correspondence, along with a return mailing address and self addressed stamped envelope if you want a receipt returned to you.
Most fines can be paid before your court date that is listed on your citation. Some of the charges and fine amounts are listed. Fines may change at the discretion of the Judge.
The following offenses must appear in court:
- Obstruction of an Officer
- Attempting to elude an Officer
- Driving with a suspended license/revoked
- Driving without minimum required insurance coverage
- Any offense involving damage to a property or person
- Any person that is under the age of 21 and speeding 24 or more miles per hour over the speed limit.
- Driving without a license
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of alcohol by a minor.
If you fail to respond on or before your court date in accordance with the procedures outlined above, your driver’s license may be suspended and/or a bench warrant issued for your arrest.